Monday, February 8, 2010

Something New

During the school year, I completely ban myself from playing anything called online poker. It started last semester and I was actually 100% successful at sticking to my word. I still play live a few times a week with some college donks, but that's it. This semester is just as successful, but I obviously get help by new semi-addictions. The new thing for me right now is Scrabble. Specifically Facebook Scrabble. It seems like the perfect transition because like poker, scrabble requires immense amount of skill, but definitely luck too. Scrabble is definitely more skillful, but there are a lot amount of mental ties one can make with poker. There is so much strategy behind it and I am just beginning to see a small amount of it. Two bloggers, Ferocious Kitty and Shoving With Air play me all the time and they definitely are getting really good too. I just purchased my first official scrabble strategy book, which apparently is like the Super System of Scrabble. I feel like I'm still really bad. My vocabulary is pretty atrocious (as probably one could tell reading this blog), but I will work hard at improving. So get ready possibly for some boring ass scrabble posts!!!

Other news, this semester marks the second half of my internship working in a local elementary school. I help out in a first grade class as well as hold two lunch groups for some awesome kids. However, after working in the school, I am completely drained of any mental capabilities. I have begun to watch the amazing show The Wire and it is the best time waster of all time. Like woah. Highly recommend it to anyone who needs to unwind.

Anywayyyyy, let's power through this weeeeek! =)

1 comment:

dbtoots89 said...

Yo, check out the movie "Word Wars". Its a documentary about scrabble players on the national tour. If you have a netflix account you can watch it instantly online. Its really good

But dont get too good, I want our games to still be competitve