Monday, May 24, 2010

Holy guacamole

Yes, I knowwww. I haven't posted for awhile. I certainly admire people like Josie and others who post very consistently, but it's hard to have lots to say that don't bore the hell out of me and the few readers who come across this barren excuse of a blog. However, poker and wanting to write are still always present in my melon. I don't have the mulah to play online, nor the desire to, really. I certainly have the urge to play some rebuy tournaments from time to time, but I am definitely a better person when I avoid the online felt. This is because I am not in my boxers till 4pm and actually get some stuff done during the days I don't work in the summer (even though being in my boxers till 4 is good every of often!).

My semester ended very well. I finished my internship at an elementary school and received 19 very cute cards from first graders at the end of it. I have potential (probably jinxing it) to get all four A's this semester. Like poker, definitely part luck and part skill. This one class where I was sure I would get a B, magically turned into an A. I think part of that grade was due in part to the fact that I was the only one in my group that did not rant to the teacher about how she sucked and organized the class totally counterintuitive to reality. This class I researched the "Cohabitation Effect" which pretty much says that couples are more likely to experience marital problems and divorce if they live together before marriage. Sounds crazy, huh? Well it is pretty statistically significant. My dad said, "Bullshittt, Jake!" and my response was, "Well... you're a product of it!" Not so nice, I guess...

Other than that, this summer I will be working at my local hardware store for like the billionth year in a row now. I tried getting a summer camp job, but it seemed like those jobs are very "it's not what you know, it's who you know" type gigs. I will also be working on graduate school stuff and the GRE, which hopefully I will actually get in gear with that. Poker will certainly not help that situation. I would be more than happy to play live any chance I get with friends, but I'm gonna try and stay away from online.

I will also be flying down to FL to help my gf pack up and move back to MA since her internship is done. We will be driving back so if anyone knows of any restaurants right off of 95 that is worth going to, that would be saweeeeetttt.

Lastly, HOW BOUT DEM CELTSSSSSSS.

3 comments:

Josie said...

Thanks for the shout out!

Josie said...

Hey College Boy,

I'll be mentioning you in my next post and want to add your profile picture...everything's better with pictures!

Is it okay to post your picture?

please say yes and do it quickly!

Thank you!

OES said...

yesyesyesyes